Creature Caribbean Competition
Competition Rules Terms & Conditions:
1st Prize: 2week Holiday to Jamaica including flights and private accommodation* An exclusive record contract offer , including publishing and distribution. 10Pk Creature Custom short run vinyl package.
2nd Prize: 4 Night stay at the Creature Sound Band Retreat, exclusive use luxury property in South Wales. 10Pk Creature Custom short run vinyl package.
3rd Prize: 4 Night stay at the Creature Sound Band Retreat, exclusive use, luxury property in South Wales. 10Pk Creature Custom short run vinyl package.
4th Prize: 4 Night stay at the Creature Sound Band Retreat, exclusive use, luxury property in South Wales. 10Pk Creature Custom short run vinyl package.
The Wild Card Prize (Judges Choice): Development deal worth £2000, including studio recording, distribution, publishing and 10pk run of vinyl*
(*Please see prize terms and conditions below)
To enter this competition all musicians and performers must be UK residents, legally able to work and travel in the UK. Over 18 years old or 18 years old at the time of travel to claim your prize.
All performers and musicians have not signed a contract to a record company, or any contract with any third party record label (or similar). This restriction would not include self released material whether in the physical format or as a digital release. Self released means recordings entirely financed by the musicians or performers with no financial assistance from any commercial organisation or relationship or an agreement with a record label or other investor but always excepting any distribution deal you might have entered into (including iTunes and/or a digital aggregator). You must not (either as a band, band member, or solo performer) have had recognised success - for example having had a UK Top 40 album or single, or one or more national television appearances. In the event of any query or disagreement on what constitutes a valid entry, Creature Sound Record's decision is final. Although we take into consideration that some musicians and performers are in multiple bands, we will only allow 2 entries per individual, they must not be duplicate entries otherwise the entries will be disqualified.
Entries will be accepted online only from 9pm (09.00) on the 27th February 2021 until 5pm (17.00) GMT on the 30th April 2021 at https:/creatursoundrecords.com/creature-caribbean-competition
You will need to submit
∙ A link to one original sound recording by you
∙ A direct link to a video of your act performing at least one song live, on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo or a similar service. It need not be a public link.
The competition is free to enter.
Regrettably we will not be able to enter into any correspondence with competition entrants who are not eligible. However we may contact each competition entrant to give them updates about the various stages of the competition and information around radio, press or tv coverage of the competition. Please make sure your application is clear and complete. You cannot amend the application once it has been submitted, or submit additional songs, so please do not send additional links (or similar) to us. The acceptance of all entries is at the Creature Sound Record's sole discretion.
By entering the competition you agree:
- that any material submitted and any consequent live performance at the Finals or at the heats may be broadcast or streamed on the radio/television/internet without further consultation.
The entry process, judging process and final decisions will follow this procedure:
- A team of online radio DJ's, The Creature Sound production team and journalist affiliates will review the entries to cast them into the first long list for heats.
The winners of each heat for prizes 1 to 4 will be decided by public vote as follows:
-Streamed only gigs: phone line votes and 1 point per individual who comments with support for your band (by name) on the live stream comments (please note we will only count one comment per viewer.) Points will also be given for musicianship, originality, and stage presence by our guest judges these points will count in the decision of our in house producer for the wildcard prize also towards any tie breaker situations.
- Live gigs: Phone line votes, audience attendance numbers. Points will also be given for musicianship, originality, and stage presence by our guest judges these points will count in the decision of our in house producer for the wildcard prize also towards any tie breaker situations.
The wildcard prize will be decided, judged and awarded by Creature Sound Records Lead Producer Allen Chambers. This prize has no criteria other than your act blew his mind as the potential underdog. It is open to any band that has enter the competition at any stage of the heats.
The decision of our first stage judging team and the Final Judging Panel is final.
Bands must have sets that are 90% the artists own original works.
5 songs per set or up to 30mins
We can only accept entries from band ensembles of 5 members or less.
Bands with more than 5 members can enter however only 5 members of the band would be able to claim and receive the prize packages.
The competition will take place in heats and once dates are confirmed the venue have no obligation to try and reassign your date if you do not attend.
All entrants claiming the 1st prize must be able to meet the travel restriction measures and legal entry requirements of Jamaica and any relevant stop over countries.
Where the competition will take place:
Due to Covid 19: All dates booked will be considered to be live stream broadcasts. If restrictions ease and live music returns to Wales the streamed shows will automatically become live shows.
The venue being used for both broadcasting and live gigs is Creature Sound, (The Ken Bu Kan), 1 Bethesda Street, Swansea SA1 2EU. Management reserves the right to change the location of the competition in event of unforeseen circumstances.
(i) All Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. Arrangements for the fulfilment of Prizes will be made by us. If due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide any stated Prize(s), we reserve the right to award a substitute Prize of equal value. All Prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
(i1) The winner(s) agree that Creature Sound Records Ltd, their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors and Prize providers shall have no liability in connection with acceptance or use of any of the Prizes awarded in the Competitions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner at our absolute discretion.
The flights and accommodation to/for Jamaica include airport transfers from MBJ to the accommodation. A hire car with one driver any additional vehicles, travel arrangements, day trips spending money are to be supplied by the winning entrants. The holiday is self catering and entrants will be expected to provide their own food and spending money.
Creature Sound Records Ltd will not be providing transport to or from the airport of departure/return. It will be the entrants responsibility to make sure they make it to all check ins on time (including on any stop overs)
There may be a stop over destination of around 15hrs. Creature Sound Records will not be providing hotel accommodation for the stop over and once again it would be your responsibility to correctly board your connecting flights.
The Creature Sound Band Retreat in South Wales. We will provide you with transport from the Creature Sound Venue in Swansea to the retreat at an allotted time and will arrange a pick up time to bring you back to the Creature Sound Venue on the final day. The retreat is self catering (please be aware the nearest shop is a 10 minute drive). The retreat will house prize winners 2, 3 & 4 on the same weekend. Once confirmed the weekend cannot be rebooked if you fail to attend.
5. LICENCE FOR MATERIAL SUBMITTED BY YOU OR FOOTAGE FILMED OF YOU
In exchange for allowing you to enter the Competition, you hereby:
• grant us the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all your activities in connection with the Competition and (if applicable) any Prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded of you by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”
• assign to us fully all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full term of any rights that may exist under any applicable law throughout the world. This means that we own all rights in the Footage for as long as they exist. We may require you to sign a release form consenting to the filming/recording of the Footage, the assignment of all rights in such Footage to us.
• agree that we may use your, name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of you, biographical information provided by you and/or any statement made by you concerning the Footage to use Competition and/or the Prize(s) in connection with publicizing the Competition, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world in any manner we choose without restriction
Terminating the licence in your Material
If you want us to stop using your Material please tell us submit the details of your material along with your instruction to remove this material using our email contact form. We will then stop using your material as far as reasonably practicable. However we are not obliged to stop your material where it is already being used or where we have already incorporated it into compilation packages or other programming or where we have sublicensed your Material to a third party.
It is very important that the Material you provide as part of a Competition is your own work. Material that you did not create yourself, or that include images of people or information about people without their permission can result in serious liability to us and to you.
Accordingly, you promise that:
• You are the only creator, author and owner of the Material you post or upload, or if you are not the exclusive owner you have received written consent from the owner to upload or post the Material and to grant us the rights to use the Material as set out above.
• Our use of your Material will not infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any third party (for example trademarks, copyright, privacy rights). This means that, if your Material contains any underlying copyrights such as music, lyrics, film footage, artwork or other copyright material owned by any other person, you confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents in writing (including from other people appearing in your Material) necessary for us to use your material as set out above.
• The Material will not contain anything that is defamatory, offensive or illegal.
• Your Material is free from any right or claim by anyone under any recording contract, publishing contract, or any union, guild or collecting society such as the Performing Right Society and you agree that you will inform us immediately if this status changes.
(i) Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. We shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
(ii) We will not be liable to you (whether as a result of contract law, tort, statutory duty or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with a Competition in respect of losses:
• that are related to a business or commercial undertaking
• that were unforeseeable
• that are related to loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
• that are suffered by third parties
• that are caused by loss of data, or computer virus
• in respect of infringement of rights arising as a result of a third party linking to our online services and causing our content to be viewed within the pages of any other website
• that are due to your fault, for example if you have provided incorrect information to us or you fail to comply with our instructions in relation to the Competition and/or Prize
• that are not caused by our breach
If you have a claim against another provider of services in connection with the Competition and/or Prizes you will pursue that claim independently and without recourse to us.
We do not in any way seek to limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury or any loss arising as a result of fraud.
(iii) We shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner(s) and/or any Allowed Guests and/or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) under these Competition Rules if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities , pandemics, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected Winner(s) and/or any Allowed Guest(s) and/or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
7. DATA PROTECTION
These General Competition Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to:
Creature Sound Records Ltd. 30 Church Street NP22 3DP.